LED Platforms plan and prioritize projects they want to implement in Action Plans and Potential Projects Pipelines
With the support of Oxfam, Tubas LED Platform developed their Strategic Plan in 2016.
- LED Platforms have been supported to create positions for coordination of their activities (LED Coordinators).
- Platforms meet from time to time for Inter Platform Exchange.
- On their own and/ or with the support of consultants, Platforms prepare concept papers and project proposals to be marketed to potential funders.
- Proposal Writing Training and coaching was conducted in 2015 for selected representatives of LED Platforms.
- Consultancy services are available to LED Platforms to jointly develop project concepts into full fledged proposals for funding and implementation.
- LED Fora are conducted in regular intervals with a perspective to :
- Network LED Platforms
- Discuss relevant themes for future Platform and LED project development (e.g. legal entity and internal structure of LED Platforms; youth unemployment; Small Enterprise Development; Diaspora Investment; Agricultural Value Chain development, etc.)
- Strengthen links between the Platforms and the wider stakeholder/ donor community.
Formation of the LED
- In 2008 the GIZ, established the Bethlehem LED as a part of the GIZ mandate to facilitate Palestinian economic growth, particularly at the city and governorate level.
- The LED organizing meeting was held July 2008 attended by 38 representatives from the public and private sector and civil society organizations based in Bethlehem governorate.
- The participants selected 13 representatives from a cross section of industrial sectors, government agencies and NGOs to form the LED Administrative Board.
The mission of the Local Economic Development Board is to build a strong local economy in Bethlehem through an active partnership of local government, private enterprise and civil society that will raise the standard of living in the community.
The LED public/private /civil partnership will seek to understand obstacles to growth and investment, to undertake strategically planned programs and activities that will help remove these obstacles , to facilitate investment, encourage economic growth and raise standard of living for the whole community.
- Bethlehem Governorate
- Bethlehem Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Stone and Marble Union (USM)
- AlRaed Company for Cosmetics
- Bethlehem Municipality
- Ministry of National Economy - Bethlehem Directorate
- Ministry of Agriculture - Bethlehem Directorate
- Ministry of Local Governance - Bethlehem Directorate
- Ministry of Labor- Bethlehem Directorate
- Community Development & Continuing Education Institute (CDCE-I)/ Palestine Ahliya University College (PAUC)
- Institute for Community Development (ICP)/ Bethlehem University
- Applied Research Institute, Jerusalem (ARIJ)
- Maan Network Agency (Maan)
In 2014, the Local Economic Development Project within Private Sector Development Program, established Jenin Local Economic Development Platform
- Jenin Governorate
- Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture - Jenin Governorate
- Business men Forum
- Jenin Municipality
- Ministry of National Economy- Jenin Directorate
- Ministry of Local Governance- Jenin Directorate
- Ministry of Labor- Jenin Directorate
- Ministry of Agriculture- Jenin Directorate
- AlQuds Open University - Jenin Directorate
- The Agricultural Development Association (PARC)
- World Vision
In 2014, the Local Economic Development Project within Private Sector Development Program, established Qalqilya Local Economic Development Platform. The Platform contains 11 various institutions.
- Qalqilya Governorate
- Qalqilya Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- AlAmal Aluminium Company
- Qalqilya Municipality
- Ministry of National Economy - Qalqilya Directorate
- Ministry of Agriculture - Qalqilya Directorate
- Ministry of Local Governance - Qalqilya Directorate
- AlQuds Open University
- Qalqilya Agriculture Marketing Association.
- Qalqilya Women Association
- Qalqilya Social Development Association
In 2014, the Local Economic Development Project within Private Sector Development Program, established Tubas Local Economic Development Platform. The Platform contains 11 various institutions. Tubas LED Platform prepared Action Plan that covers the needs of the Governorate.
- Tubas Governorate
- Tubas Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture
- National Company for Pharmaceutical Trading
- Tubas Soap Factory
- Tubas Municipality
- Ministry of National Economy - Tubas Directorate
- Ministry of Agriculture - Tubas Directorate
- AlQuds Open University- Tubas Directorate
- Social and Economic Development Center
- Tubas Cooperative for Developing Livestock
- OXFAM GB